fbpx

Is the end near?

Dear empowered interiors’ supporters,

I believe that empowered interiors is coming to an end. What was supposed to be a wonderful change in my life is increasingly falling apart. Even while I made an announcement to the world that I was a shoppe owner going nowhere, repeated my intentions, and increased my optimism in the past couple of weeks, the future is grim unfortunately.

A year ago, I launched empowered interiors to mark a new career path in my life. Everything evolved very quickly and soon I was opening a shoppe, which was far different than the initial plans I made. Unfortunately, I made it too many mistakes that I cannot bounce back from. Too many grand expectations, poor planning, crappy weather, and too few customers are the ingredients for an unsuccessful business.

It has been wonderful to hear the praise from those that have venture through my doors. I’ve also received substantial emotional and professional support through the last few months, for which I have been grateful. I know I created something beautiful and the shoppe reflects my talent. I stand on the precipice of success, with everything coming together to take flight. Yet, sometimes time runs out before dreams are realized.

I am not sure my expectations at this point. Discussing business struggles is taboo because who wants to support failings, right? We see small businesses start and fail too frequently, but very rarely do get insight into how this all feels. It is scary, sad, and frustrating. Even when you think you have done everything right, you cannot stop other outside forces that overshadow positive thoughts, intentions, and even prayers.

I have a tough choice to make in the next few weeks because even though every fiber in my being knows I am going to succeed, outside forces might have other plans.

Thank you for your support and for reading.

Cheryl

7 Comments

1. Kenya Lawton on January 31, 2019 at 5:26 pm

Cheryl,
    I know this was hard for you to express in writing. Please know you are my hero because you step out on faith and chased your dream. I am here to support whatever decision you make.
    Your friend,
    Kenya

• empoweredinteriors on January 31, 2019 at 9:05 pm

Thank you so much my dear friend!

2. Jennifer Velazquez on February 1, 2019 at 3:03 am

Cheryl- im so sad to hear this. I know its been a tough go, but i do know you are not one to come into a decision lightly. Im here for you.

3. Maggie Moore on February 1, 2019 at 12:24 pm

Cheryl,

You are standing in your truth, as always! Know that I stand behind you, as do others. I am sending my support to you and want you to know that I believe in you and the power of your dreams.

4. Leslie LaMarca on February 1, 2019 at 3:44 pm

Remember, your success is defined by you. I admire how you so openly and enthusiastically share your passion for design. I admire your faith and trust in your talent and abilities. And, I admire your stoicism and honesty when it comes to what the future will hold. Basically, you are a woman to be admired!! Whatever you decide, please know that your amazing talent, passion, and authenticity will lead you to your next unbelievably successful endeavor!

5. Trish Kaiser on February 25, 2019 at 5:01 pm

Cheryl,

I am so sorry. I just found out about your company from Lakewood Life Magazine. Had I known you were there, I would have stopped by. My only suggestion would have been something outside your door to draw people in. I never new there was a shop inside. If you are still open, I will stop by soon. If not, good luck with your next step.

Thanks, Trish Kaiser.

• empoweredinteriors on February 26, 2019 at 4:37 pm

Hi Trish!

I am sending you an email with some updates! Thank you for posting your comment.